June 10, 2019
5 Ways Contractors Can Grow Their Business
Now that we’re on the cusp of the busy summer season, contractors across the country are preparing for their next big project or contract. Are you taking steps to grow or maintain your business? Use these five tips to help maximize your business’s growth this summer.
- Collect great customer testimonials. Everyone wants their work done by a well-known and experienced contractor. If you don’t have testimonials available to new clients, get back in touch with old customers who loved your work and ask to use them as a reference.
- Invest your profits back in your business. Do you need a new set of tools? Is your contractor liability insurance in Arizona still up to state codes? Vow to reinvest a portion of your profits this summer back into your business to keep your skills (and tools) sharp.
- Get involved in your community. Word-of-mouth advertising is still one of the best methods of attracting new customers. Introduce yourself to local business owners and contractor associations in your area to foster relationships and connections.
- Make a commitment to customer service. Customers like to work with business owners who care about their questions and needs. This summer, set aside a block of time to respond to email and phone messages. Aim to respond to every message within 24 hours during the business week.
- Schedule time to rest and recharge. Running a business is difficult—and it’s normal to feel totally burned out at times, especially as an independent contractor. Schedule some time each week to rest and recharge with an activity that you love. Whether it’s treating yourself to a movie at the theater or spending some much-needed time with friends and family, taking time for yourself is just as important as your day-to-day work.
The right insurance policy can protect your livelihood for years to come. DJM Insurance Services offers contractor liability insurance in Nevada that protect you against claims made by third parties. To learn more about the importance of general contractor liability insurance, give us a call today.