Contractors General Liability Insurance is a type of commercial insurance designed to protect contractors against liability caused by injury and damages that may arise from work performed on a construction project. General Liability Insurance for contractors in California, Arizona, Washington, and Nevada, and elsewhere, protects the owners and operators of construction companies from a variety of claims, such as:
- Contractual liability
- Liability for accidents & injury
- Liability caused by an employee of the contractor
- Products produced by the contractor or his or her employees
Contractors General Liability Insurance is required by law in most states. While General Liability Insurance for contractors in California is not required by law, if the contractor does not carry general liability insurance, they would be personally liable for any damages caused by the contractor while executing a contract. Because of this, most project managers and homeowners require a certificate of insurance before a contractor can start a project, including workers comp insurance in California. In the past, contractors could bid on jobs without a general liability insurance policy in place, but it is becoming common to require a certificate of contractor liability insurance in states like Arizona, Washington, Nevada, and California, along with many others, as part of the bidding process.
There are several factors that contractors need to consider when purchasing insurance for general liabilities in the states of Arizona, Nevada, Washington, California and more:
- The limits of liability selected determine the cost of the policy. The type of work performed, gross income, employee payroll, and complexity of the projects are also considered when determining the cost.
- Contractor insurance premiums can be paid in full or financed with a down payment followed by installments.
- General Contractors should request a certificate of insurance from their subcontractors to ensure that they have general liability insurance.
- Certificates of insurance can typically be processed on the same business day. Make sure to submit your request early.
We are dedicated to serving the needs of our contractor clients by offering an array of highly competitive contractor liability insurance policies in Arizona, Nevada, Washington, California and more. We quote both Admitted and Non-Admitted markets, so we can custom tailor insurance coverages to meet your specific business needs and budget.
At DJM Insurance, we are a leading choice for General Liability Insurance for contractors in California, Nevada, Washington among others due to our experience and knowledge of the insurance marketplace. For over fifteen years, our insurance professionals have been writing general liability insurance policies for our clients in Arizona, Nevada, California, Washington, and across the US, creating superior value.
General Liability Insurance for contractors in California, Washington, and Nevada can greatly benefit the construction and building trades. Contractors in these fields have been trusting DJM Insurance with General Liability, commercial auto insurance, workers compensation, and more. Because we specialize in the construction industry, we have a solution to your contractor insurance needs, as well as contractor license bonds in Washington.
Call us at (800) 763-0698 or complete the form on this page for your free, no-obligation quote for insurance for general liabilities in Arizona, California, Nevada, Washington, and many other states.