Skip to main content

Personal Insurance

Submit a simple form and our dedicated support team will take care of you.

Got Questions?

The following are answers to frequently asked questions. If you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Auto Insurance

Choose between liability only insurance and comprehensive coverage. You can also add additional features to your policy that include underinsured motorist coverage, collision coverage, medical payments coverage, and personal injury protection.


Customize motorcycle liability insurance that includes bodily injury and property damage liability coverage. You can also protect passengers with guest passenger liability coverage and add things like total loss coverage to your policy. Motorcycle insurance is also necessary if you or a family member drives a moped or a scooter.


A homeowners insurance policy will usually cover:

  • Your dwelling
  • Structures on your property
  • Some personal property
  • Liabilities for injuries to someone else

It covers many natural disasters, but doesn’t cover them all. Check out our earthquake and flood insurance policies below if you think they need to be added to your policy.

Rental Homes / Investment Property

Renters insurance can help you cover expenses if personal belongings are damaged or destroyed, and it can help you pay things like hotel bills, if you are asked to leave the premises for repairs or updates.

If you own rental property, DJM Insurance can customize a policy that helps protect you from property damage, liability costs, and loss of rental income, among other features.

Manufactured / Mobile Home

A mobile home or manufactured home policy is much like a standard homeowners policy, but it caters to the unique needs of a mobile home. It can provide dwelling coverage, coverage for personal property, liability protection, coverage for other structures, and more.


Flood insurance must be added to a homeowners policy separately, as it is not included in the standard policy. If you live in a flood zone, a policy can provide you with building coverage that protects essential items within the home, like plumbing, electrical, and refrigerators. It can also protect personal belongings, like curtains, clothing, and furniture.


Earthquake insurance is another type of insurance policy that has to be added to your regular policy, but it’s recommended in California where there is always the threat of earthquakes. It can cover damage to your home, some personal belongings, and living expenses. Because it can exclude some things, like damage to the land itself, it’s important to talk to a DJM Insurance expert about what an earthquake policy does and does not include.


Boat insurance can cover any kind of personal watercraft in the event of an accident or if it is damaged due to fire or lighting. It can also protect you if your boat is stolen. Like car insurance, it can include things like uninsured coverage and medical payments coverage. Although it isn’t required by law in the state of California, it is important to create a personalized policy that protects your investment.

Recreational Vehicles

Recreational vehicles, also known as RVs, require policies that are similar to standard vehicle policies in that they can provide coverage for physical damage, bodily injury, and medical payments. However, because they double as a dwelling, they can also include things like roof protection and pest protection. Policies can also vary depending on what kind of RV, camper, or trailer you have. If you live in your RV full-time or part-time, make sure you tell your DJM representative so they ensure you get the right policy for your particular RV and lifestyle.

Personal Umbrella

Umbrella insurance is an extra policy that can provide you with additional protection above and beyond what your existing policies cover. For example, umbrella insurance will kick in when your car insurance has been exhausted, enabling you to cover expenses in their entirety. In addition, it can provide you with protection if you’re ever sued for slander or falsely arrested.

Need help quickly?

If you need a quote urgently, feel free to call our customer service team Monday through Friday from 7am to 6pm (PST).

(866) 961-4570